Swing Gate Automation From Genius
Genius Underground Swing Gate Motors
Gate automation using underground gate motors gives a discrete and clean look that is much-loved by homeowners in the UK. As the motors are installed in foundation boxes below the surface at the bottom hinge of each gate, only the box lid and the motor arm that is attached to the bottom of the gate are visible.
There are downsides with this type of installation, however. These include the need to carefully align the motors during installation. If the motor output shaft is not perfectly in the line with the gate’s top hinge, extra stress is placed on the system.
Underground motors can be described as waterproof but are not designed to be submerged for more than a few minutes. This means that any underground gate automation must have sufficient drainage to prevent water from collecting in foundation boxes.
One last thing to consider with Genius underground gate motors is the position of the motor in relation to the power needed to move the gates. As you apply opening and closing force further away from the hinge, you need less and less power to get the gates moving. Move closer to the hinge and you need to apply more force. Underground motors are actually the bottom gate hinge, so they need to be stronger than other types of swing gate motors.
- Suitable for swing gates up to 3.5m meters long or a maximum weight of 500Kg when used with gate locks to hold the gate closed.
- Without locks, the maximum safe gate leaf length is 2m.
- Add motor opening angle accessories and, if you’ve got the space, the standard gate opening angle of 1100 can be extended to either 1400 or a maximum of 1800.
- And if you live anywhere near the coast saltwater corrosion of the motor housing and foundation box is kept at bay by a coating of tough polyester paint.
- The slimline Genius Diablo is one of the newest motors in the Genius range.
- It is a 24Vdc underground motor that is perfect for residential installations.
- The Diablo can open gate leaves up to 2.5m long, through an arc of up to 1800.
- The picture shows the Genius Diablo in its foundation box with the manual release in operation to partially disengage the gate mounting arm from the motor drive shaft.
Genius Linear Screw Swing Gate Motors
Linear screw motors are efficient, strong swing gate motors. An internally threaded gate mount is screwed onto a threaded shaft inside the motor housing. As the motor turns the threaded shaft, the gate mounting point moves along its length. As it moves away from the gate motor it pushes the gate closed. Reversing the rotation of the motor and threaded shaft winds the gate mounting point the other way and the gate opens.
As long as linear screw motors are carefully aligned when installed to avoid unnecessary stress, they are highly reliable gate motors.
- The Genius Mistral comes in 24Vdc and 230Vac versions.
- There are two versions of each for gates up to 3m or 4m long.
- The Mistral has a higher work cycle than the Genius Euro- and G-Bats.
- The mains versions have a maximum of 30% frequency of use at 200C for the Mistral 300 and 25% for the Mistral 400.
- The 24V Mistral 324 is rated at 100% and the Mistral 424 has a 75% frequency of use.
Genius Euro-Bat and G-Bat Linear Screw Motors
- Genius Euro-Bats and G-Bats come in 24Vdc or 230Vac variants.
- All versions are powerful liner screw motors for swing gates from 3m up to 4m long.
- Euro-Bat and G-Bat swing gate motors come as left hand or right hand versions.
- It’s always worth remembering that these motors are handed when buying a single Euro-Bat or G-Bat.
- The Genius Sirocco linear screws come in 24Vdc and 230Vac versions.
- This is a great motor for residential swing gates up to 2.5m.
- Knowing the UK’s climate as they do, Genius have done everything to prevent corrosion by making the motor’s exposed parts in stainless steel.
- Special floating aluminium mounting brackets make the Sirocco perfect for mounting on uneven gate posts.
- Genius Sirocco motors are rated for intensive use.
Genius Articulated Arm Swing Gate Motors
Articulated arm motors from Genius use an electric motor to rotate a two-piece jointed arm. The other end of the arm is connected to the gate. As the motor rotates one way, the arm pulls the gate open. When it is rotated in the opposite direction, the gate is pushed closed.
Articulated arm motors are tolerant of slightly less accurate installation than linear screw motors. They can be used on wide pillars as the length of the arm will allow the motor to be installed further from the plane of the gate.
As articulated arm motors open gates, the two sections of the arm get closer and slowly close the gap between themselves. As this is a potentially a point where someone’s arm could become trapped, owners of articulated arm motors must be made aware of this potential hazard. However, the Genius range of articulated arm motors includes special anti-shearing arms and 24V obstacle detection to avoid this issue.
- Genius Trigon 24Vdcor 230Vac articulated arm motors use long anti-shearing arms.
- Where there’s a longer distance between the gate hinge and the motor, the Trigon can be installed without having to cut notches in the gate pillars.
- Maximum gate leaf length is 3m when using locking or 2m without electric gate locks.
- Designed to operate swing gates up to a maximum width of 2.5m per gate leaf.
- Simple to install and use.
- Mechanical stops on opening and closing.
- Safe use is provided from 24V obstacle detection.
- The Compas 24C is the main motor that includes the electronic control card and the Compas 24 is the slave motor.
- Ideal for installation on wider gate pillars and posts.
Genius Sliding Gate Motors
Genius sliding gate motors are strong reliable and quiet during operation. Everything is housed inside the protective outer casing with just a few teeth of the motor output drive gear visible. This meshes with a toothed rack running the length of the sliding gate. As the motor turns the cog one way, the gate is opened and when the motor reverses, the gate closes. Sliding gates run on wheels along track laid across the driveway. This should be horizontal so that extra strain placed on a motor pushing a gate uphill and slowing it as it runs downhill is avoided.
- Available in two 230Vac models that will handle sliding gates up to 1400Kg (M14C) or 2000Kg (M20C).
- Integrated control board inside the protective ABS motor housing
- Control programming is via external buttons the motor cover doesn’t have to be removed.
- 230Vac models for sliding gates up to 500Kg and 900Kg.
- Controls can be programmed via external buttons and an external display, so the motor cover doesn’t have to be removed.
The full Genius range also includes gate automation accessories such as safety photocells, keypads, and gate remotes, plus spare parts and replacements.
Genius also has a range of car park and vehicle access control barriers and bollards plus systems for garage door automation.
For help or advice choosing the right Genius gate automation equipment and support with installation and repair troubleshooting, call Gate Automation Supplies on 03300 883 890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.